Home Forums FORUM RULES Forum Guidelines & Practices

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Team Tvi Audio 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Team Tvi Audio
    Keymaster

Are rules regulated, updated & reside in a single place?
    Forum Rules is where the sole governing rules and regulations of ALL TVi Audio forums reside. All topics in this forum are also super sticky throughout all forums and forum topics highlighted in canary yellow. This is a mandatory practice for showing our rules, new rules, or updates to any rules. And yes we will regulate them and update them and extend them as necessary to make this forum have a high degree of integrity, professionalism and a well respected safe environment.

What kind of questions can I ask here?
    The TVi Audio Forum is for professional and enthusiast pro audio personnel, people who study and are active in pro audio because they love it. We feel the best questions have a bit of technical math or science in them, but if your question generally covers …

• a specific problem
    • a TVi Product related issue or question
    • software tools commonly used by pro audio professionals
    • practical, answerable problems that are unique to the pro audio profession

… then you’re in the right place to ask your question!

What kind of questions should I not ask here?
    You should only ask practical, answerable questions based on actual problems that you face. Chatty, open-ended questions diminish the usefulness of our site and push other questions off the front page.

Your questions should be reasonably scoped. If you can imagine an entire book that answers your question, you’re asking too much.

If your motivation for asking the question is “I would like to participate in a discussion about ______”, then you should not be asking here. However, if your motivation is “I would like others to explain ______ to me”, then you are probably OK. (Discussions are of course welcome in our “Meeting Hall”.)

How do I ask questions here?
    When you post a new question, other users will almost immediately see it and try to provide good answers. This often happens in a matter of minutes, so be sure to check back frequently when your question is still new for the best response.

Answers to your questions and comment replies to your posts will appear as a red indicator in your global inbox at the top left of every page; click it to view them.

Etiquette
    Civility is required at all times; rudeness will not be tolerated.

Do I have to log in or create an account?
    You can answer and suggest edits as an anonymous user, much like Wikipedia. There are some things you won’t be able to do on the site without registering, such as vote or ask new questions. But it’s easy to register.

What is reputation?
    Reputation is a rough measurement of how much the community trusts you; it is earned by convincing your peers that you know what you’re talking about. Basic use of the site, including asking questions, answering, and suggesting edits, does not require any reputation at all. But the more reputation you earn, the more privileges you gain.

What if I don’t get a good answer?
    First, make sure you’ve asked a good question. To get better answers, you may need to put additional effort into your question. Edit your question to provide status and progress updates. Document your own continued efforts to answer your question. This will naturally bump your question and get more people interested in it.

Why are some questions closed?
    Questions that are not a good fit for this site may be voted closed by experienced community members. Closed questions cannot be answered, but are eligible for improvement (and eventual re-opening) through editing, voting, and commenting.

Why are some questions or answers removed?
    Questions that are extremely off topic, or of very low quality, may be removed at the discretion of the community and moderators.

What if I see bad things happening?
    Each post and comment has a small flag link. Click the flag link to let us know about problems and we’ll follow up.

Can I use a signature or tagline?
    Please don’t use signatures or taglines in your posts, or they will be removed.

Other people can edit my posts?!
    All contributions are licensed under Creative Commons and this site is collaboratively edited, like Wikipedia. If you see something that needs improvement, click edit and help us make it so!

May I promote products or websites I am affiliated with here?
    Be careful, because the community frowns on overt self-promotion and tends to vote it down and flag it as spam. Post good, relevant answers, and if some (but not all) happen to be about your product or website, so be it. However, you must disclose your affiliation in your answers.

How do I search?
    Enter search terms in the search box that appears at the upper right of every page, and press Enter.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.